In preparation for the 2014 Synod on the Family, Pope Francis is calling on all the faithful to let him know how certain doctrines of the Catholic Church impact Catholic practice.
In particular, three areas are of special importance:
- The present official total ban on the use of contraceptives, in any circumstances. See FAMILY PLANNING – BIRTH CONTROL click.
- The prohibition for Catholics who are divorced and have remarried by civil law to receive Holy Communion. See DIVORCED AND REMARRIED click.
- The prohibition for gay or lesbian Catholics to have intimate sexual relationships. HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS click.
Please, share your experience by clicking on the appropriate Category and adding your testimony as a Comment.
Or answer these more general questions:
- Do you experience that the teaching of the church on marriage and sexuality is relevant (understandable, applicable to your life?
- Do you find that your own, personal experience of being married or of living as a sexual person is reflected in church teaching?
- Do you think that the official teaching of the church is adequately informed by modern psychology, sociology or medical science?
If you want your name to remain anonymous, use a pseudonym but make sure your email address – which will not be shown to the public – is correct.